Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hello and Happy Mothers Day!

Just a quick 'Hello' to you all! I am missing catching up with all of you and I am looking forward to stopping by and seeing what everyone is up to soon!
I had a quick opportunity to drop in and do a quick post to let you know that I am alive and well! (there was an Australian lady who fell out of the bungee yesterday in the area where we were at the time and we had relatives who thought it may be me).
We are having a fantastic time and I am surprised at how much I am enjoying the motor home experience!
Here is just a little taste of the sights we have had.

We have hired the motor home for the whole two weeks and we are loving it. This was our view one morning when we woke up. We watched the sunrise over the ocean at Kaikoura, had breakfast and then headed off further north!

Just in case you don't believe me, here is the view I enjoyed through the window while I was having my morning coffee.

.....just to make sure you believe we were there (please remember it is early morning and I am still half asleep).

Tonight we are staying at Franz Josef Village and we are hoping to walk alongside the glacier tomorrow morning before we leave to make our way to Queenstown.

I wish all of the Mothers a 'Happy Mothers Day' for tomorrow.

My son has promised me a Special Mothers Day I would remember always, then he promptly added that we were in New Zealand and how can it not be special and memorable!

Oh well.. at least I know he will be spending it with me!

Have a great week and I look forward to catching up with you all when we get back! xx

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like a magical holiday. Enjoy Franz Joseph... I walked him 20 years ago when I didn't fall out of the bungee over Skippers Canyon. Maybe that's why my eyesight is so bad now - detached retinas from bungy jumping... oooh couldn't do it now though... A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you too! Enjoy your holiday, the scenery looks breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nellie so glad you are having such a fantastic time...I have an award for you so when you can pop over to my blog..have a lovely day tomorrow. Hugs Kym X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous08 May, 2010

    Wow Nellie, what a view! We are missing you, but it sounds like you are having an amazing experience over there! Glad you didn't 'de-bungee'... how terrifying.
    Have a fantastic Mother's day, catch you soon.
    :) Flick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful time. I'm having coffee looking at your view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great experience... happy mother's day to you!
    Flory

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks wonderful there! Great pics..Have a lovely Mothers Day..Rxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's Day Nellie, and what a beautiful area you are in. It's sure to be a very memorable MD travelling with your boys with such beautful surronds.
    Big hugs,
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helllloooooo Nellie in NZ! Glad to hear you're having a great time. Last time I was at Franz Josef I was 13...glad to hear it's still there after all that time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't beat that scenery ( but I am a biased Kiwi!)
    So glad you're enjoying your holiday. Keep warm and watch out for those crazy drivers.
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great view. Looks like you are having a very special Mother's Day. Keep having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Mothers Day Nellie, so glad you are enjoying your trip, times like these spent with family are sooo special. Have fun and stay safe.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So wonderful to hear you are all enjoying your trip so far Nellie. Gorgeous views! Wishing you a wonderful Mothers Day ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you are having a wonderful time though it would be impossible not to on NZ! You'll love Queenstown - it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What stunning scenery! So glad you are enjoying your holiday. Hope your Mother's Day was a lovely one and look forward to hearing all about your travels when you return home xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful pictures! I am sure you are enjoying yourself immensely! Take tons of pictures and I look forward to seeing your posts when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Nellie,
    It looks like you and your family are having the best time :)

    Thank you for sharing, your beautiful pictures.

    Dore

    ReplyDelete