Monday, July 18, 2011

Bookends

I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

We went to Sydney to celebrate my nieces birthday and then stopped in Bathurst on the way home to celebrate my Sister in Laws birthday, very family orientated and nice.

I have finished making my ruffled bag and took it with me to celebrate. It must look alright because I had lots of lovely compliments, but then again they are my family and should be encouraging : )

I'll show you some time this week when I have uploaded the photos.

My bookends were a nice and easy makeover and look much better with a bit of white paint.







A reminder of what they looked like before


and after dabbing on some white paint, here and there


I wanted a worn shabby finish so I used a paintbrush to apply the paint in layers until I had a look I was happy with.



Another project ticked of the list.

xx

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you're powering through the thrifty makeovers and the bookends look fantastic!!! You would pay a lot to buy them in a fancy homewares store!
    Well done my dear and I'm glad you had fun with the fam this weekend. Big hugs as always,
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, a lot better white. Really suits the look you are going for. Glad too you had a lovely weekend. Gx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey lovely nellie.......
    how are you???? it's been so long since i've been blogging but back into it {with a new internet connection whoop whoop} sounds like you had a great weekend with family....too cool xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job, Nellie! What a transformation! Looks like you're ticking those projects off your list just like I am! Must be all of this warm, sunshiny weather, huh? lol!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great Nellie. It's such a good feeling ticking things of your list of projects to do, but why does the list never seem to end;) (lol) Have a wonderful week. xox

    ReplyDelete