Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hitting the Shops

Op shops that is! We have three decent op shops that I like to check out when I get a chance and in order to make my holiday projects I decided to see what I could find.

I had a great day and found some bargain items that I can use for some of my planned projects and some of the other things will get a quick makeover and a new home.


Queen size bedspread for $6. It does have some stains and if I can't get rid of them I will just use the material to make some cushions etc. 


120 x 120 table cloth in excellent condition for $2


I loved the shape, size and colour of this serving plate and for $1 it was a steal.


Footed silver tray for $3. I might paint it white or I may just leave it as it is.


Beautifully scented, unused candle for $2.


Set of six small placemats for $1. Smaller thanI was hoping for but all that I could find. Good practice set.


Bookends for $4, a little bit of work on these and they will be perfect.




Cute little bud vase for $3, a clean and a few coats of paint and it will have a new lease on life.


Lovely little white bowl with lid for $1, perfect for my version of a salt pig


$4 for this cheese dome with board


I don't plan on going to this many weddings in the near future but I do like to make my own cards and these will make a great base to work with.

So far my holidays have been pretty productive with my bargain buys, a visit to the accountant to complete our 2011 tax  - very early but given it was Nick's first full year with his own business and he hasn't paid any personal tax through the year I figured we should bite the bullet and just get it over and done with : )

I have made a start on the ruffled bag and I have a whole new appreciation for the amount of work that goes into ruffles and would never be able to make these to sell them unless someone was willing to pay me hundreds for each bag!

Fingers crossed that I can keep this up and hopefully I will have some finished projects to share with you soon.

xx

4 comments:

  1. So many great bargains Nellie! You sound like you have a lot of creative energy at the moment :)
    Oh tax, that scares me! I am paying off last years, need to do this years and am already being slugged with PAYG for next year. Not fair!!
    Can't wait to see what you create with your goodies x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a haul Nellie. Lots of potential there. The bookends and footed plate will come up a treat with the white paint treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some great booty you found from the op shops. And lots to keep you busy with too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....hahahahaha....I was MOMENTARILY concerned until I scrolled down further to learn you'd gone Op-shopping Nellie....What a haul indeed....I'd LOVE to find some YUMMY candles....I need several to display on some rusty iron grates I have but haven't come across any as yet....!!

    I hope you were able to get the marks out of the quilt....!!

    Cheers,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete