Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A letter to my teenager

Happy 13th Birthday Nicholas



 
I am just amazed at how quickly 13 years have flown by, it feels like just yesterday that I was holding my newborn son in my arms wondering what kind of person you would become and how I could be the best mother for you.




I am so honoured to be your Mum and so proud of the young man that you have grown into. We had bumpy  times along the way but we had lots and lots of fabulous times together and created so many happy memories.




You have been blessed with so many gifts and I pray that you use them all to the best of your ability. I love how you enjoy solving maths problems and I love how you laugh as your reading your latest book. I love that you share the funny stuff with me and that you are able to talk to me about so many things.
I love how you are willing to participate in so many things and don't need to be the best at those things in order to give them a go. 




At first I didn't like the idea of you getting taller than me and yes I tried to fight it for a while and made sure my heels got higher in order to stay that little bit ahead but now I love that you have grown so tall and so capable. It is wonderful to have your help with daily things and I am so thankful that you are so willing to help without complaint. 

Your are 13 years old and you are 6 foot tall, I am so pleased you enjoy your height and don't slouch or hunch your shoulders. I do however hope you slow down a bit because if your size 12 feet continue to grow so quickly you will struggle to find shoes that fit you :-)



I can continue to say so many more wonderful things that I love about you but I prefer to tall you in person and I will make sure that I continue to do that every day. 



You are an amazing son and I am a very proud mother and I look forward to watching you grow into an awesome man.

Love Mum
xx

5 comments:

  1. Happy 13th birthday wishes to your son Nicholas!What a great party table! looks awesome! Have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 13th birthday Nic!!!

    Nelly, you are such a cook mum and your boy is so lucky to have you <3

    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Nic - a teenager!
    What a lovely spread Nellie, you two are lucky tio have each other :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That got me all choked up! Gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely words Nellie. Happy birthday to your teenager :)

    ReplyDelete