Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tuesday Chat with Ashlea

Welcome back to Tuesday chat. This week I am really excited to introduce you to the newest member of the McCarthy Designs and Occasion's team.

Ashlea is our new full time staff member and the person you will most likely be dealing with when you shop with us.

I thought it would be a great opportunity for you all to get to know Ashlea and also to let you all know that we are now open Monday through to Friday from 9am until 5.30pm! Yay!!!

Ashlea has also made great headway into updating our online shop so please make sure you check it out and remember to come back as Ashlea still has lots of goodies to load.


3e
1.       Tell us a bit about you.I am Mum to two beautiful children, Ruby 4 and Lochlan 3. I love to read novels and occasionally write stories.
2.       What does a normal day look like for you? A normal day starts with a crazy morning getting the children up, breakfast and all getting dressed. Next is the half an hour car trip to day care then off to work. Maybe a quick shop on my lunch break and back to work for the afternoon. After work I pick up Ruby and Lochlan and head back home. Ruby and Lockie both love to help cook dinner, especially if it’s homemade pizza night. Then bath and shower time. After the kids go to bed it’s time for an episode of my favourite show Spicks and Specks. A quick clean up, then a couple of chapters of whatever book I’m lost in and finally bedtime.
3.       Most used small appliance in your kitchen?My kettle by far. I love coffee in the mornings and tea before bed.
4.       Do you buy things for your house because they look pretty or because they are functional and serve a purpose?I like to have a mix of both and better yet is when I find something not only pretty but also functional. I find with two small children I tend to go for more functional items.
5.       What is your dream job?My dream job is to be a published author. I would love to write a book one day and have it sold in bookshops internationally.
6.       Do you have a major goal this year and what is it?My major goal this year was to find a full-time position doing something I enjoy and fortunately I have managed to achieve that.
7.       Would you consider yourself to be a creative person?I don’t think I’m overly creative but I would like to be especially with decorating my house.
8.       If yes, Where do you get your inspiration from?My inspiration with to decorate has come from watching too much House Rules.
9.       Are you a homebody or a traveller?I love to travel but coming home is always a good feeling. If I had to choose I would probably say that I’m a traveller.
10.   How do you relax?The best way to relax is to sit in front of the fire with a good book and a cup of tea, something I try to do every night before bed.Thanks Ashlea for taking the time to let us all get to know you a bit better. Please drop in and meet Ashlea in person I am sure she'd love to see you :-)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment